E-Design has enabled us to help clients from all over the world! It is perfect for the client who is proactive and good at decision making, but just needs a little help putting a plan together. We want to make sure that this process is a good fit for each of our prospective clients. The following describes how our e-design process works.
How it Works
STEP 1 // PURCHASE YOUR E-DESIGN PACKAGE FROM OUR WEBSITE:
The e-design portion of our website (https://edesign.houseofjadeinteriors.com/) provides a detailed description of our E Design offerings. You can purchase your design directly from our website, where we require payment in full to begin work. Once your payment is received, a spot is secured for you on our design calendar.
STEP 2 // YOUR DESIGN HOMEWORK:
A designer from our e-design team will reach out to you right away regarding the next three steps, which will include:
- Scheduling an in depth phone call with the designer over your project
- Instructions for providing Measurements and photos of your space, and
- Gathering 2-3 inspiration images for your project
STEP 3 // PHONE CONSULTATION:
- Your in depth phone call serves to discuss the scope of your project. Your designer will discuss your space, your wants, needs, budget, etc. We want to get as much information as possible so we can use our talents and abilities to tailor the design specifically to you.
- After the in depth phone call, we will share our notes from the call, as well as the initial space plan of the room (without furnishings). We will ask you to sign off on the notes to ensure we are on the same page. We will also ask you to sign off on the initial space plan to ensure the measurements are accurate.
- Next, We will begin designing your space!
- You will have access to your designer via email throughout the entire design process.
STEP 4 // DESIGN PROCESS:
Depending on the scope and complexity of your design, You can expect to receive your Design Proposal 5-10 business days after your in-depth phone consultation. If we feel your project will take longer due to other e-design projects or the scope of your project, we will let you know.
STEP 5 // COMPLETED DESIGN PROPOSAL:
- When your Design Proposal is complete you will be granted access to your design through our online software.
- You will be provided with a complete design proposal which will include all of the following:
- A to-scale space plan
- Inspiration Images
- Design Board with the complete Design Plan
- Design Rationale explaining the design choices and selections
- Complete shopping list with links to purchase all products in your design.
- We are excited to offer trade pieces to our E Design clients at a discount of 15% off retail prices. This means we can include some unique and quality selections for your home that we also offer to our full-service clients. These items will be purchased directly from our home goods company House of Jade Home (www.houseofjadehome.com)
STEP 6 // REVISION ROUND:
If applicable, we are happy to do one revision round. Any requested revisions must be communicated within 5 business days. If we do not hear from you within that time frame, we will consider you satisfied with the design, and your project complete. Any additional changes beyond that will be billed at an hourly rate of $100/hour
STEP 7 // IMPLEMENT:
Now it’s your turn to make the design come to life! Use the Design Plan and Shopping List provided to purchase your items and make your space come together!
- What if my project is unique and I’m not sure which package to purchase?
If your Design needs fall outside of the above parameters, no need to worry. We will speak to you about your project and then create a custom quote for you.
- What if I don’t need all the items that are allowed for my room (ie, only 5 pieces for my Living Room)?
See above. We will speak with you about your specific project needs and generate a custom quote for you.
- What if I need more items than the allowed amount for my room? Or I require more design help, such as additional drawings or design plans?
No problem! We will let you know our recommendation, which may include a custom quote, OR purchasing two of the same E Design package to allow for sourcing of all items needed.
- I’ve never done E design before. How can you design my space without seeing it in person?
Our detailed and thoughtful process has led to great success for our E Design clients! But it is not for everyone. It is best for the client who is decisive and confident in executing a design plan on their own. E Design also allows clients the benefit of working with our design team without hiring us for our full service offerings. However, please remember that it is a limited service. If you wish to have more involved help from a designer, contact us about our Remote Design Service or our Full Service Design.
- What if I don’t like the Design Plan? Will my money be refunded?
We do everything we can to ensure we create a design plan that will be both functional and beautiful. From our in depth phone call, continued email communication, discussing your inspiration images and offering a revision round – we are confident we can create a beautiful design for you. The design fee pays for the time we dedicate to your project. Money will not be refunded if you are dissatisfied with the design that is provided.
- I’m not sure how to measure my space
We will provide detailed measuring instructions for you at the beginning of the process!
- I have no idea where to find inspiration photos
A good place to start is our portfolio on our website (https://houseofjadeinteriors.com/portfolio/). We also recommend looking for design inspiration from designer accounts on Instagram, Pinterest or Houzz. If you see a room you love in a magazine or book, please share that with us as well!
- I’m not sure I need an entire package? Do you do consultations?
We offer a 1-hour video design consultation for $250. If you decide to purchase a room-specific e-design package after your consultation we will credit your next package by $150 for being a virtual design consult client. We will not provide a shopping list for our virtual design consult but will instead give more general furniture and accessory guidance.
- What if the products sourced for my project are backordered or out of stock?
We make every effort to source items that are in stock, but items can and do sell out quickly. We recommend being diligent about purchasing the items for your room once you receive the design plan.
- Do you do E Design for entire homes?
Yes! We are happy to discuss with you our process for designing an entire home through our E Design program.
- Which designer will be working on my project?
The designer that conducts your In-Depth phone call will be the designer over your project from start to finish. Your Design Plan will also be reviewed by one of our principal designers before it is turned over to you.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us here.